Thank you for applying to attend Desert Baptist Bible College. Below you will find the General Requirements and Application Procedures.
1. Desert Baptist Bible College, as a private educational institution, is free to control admission and attendance of students. No person has a right to attend Desert Baptist Bible College.
2. Attendance at Desert Baptist Bible College is a privilege and not a right. This privilege may be forfeited by any student who does not conform to the standards and regulations of Desert Baptist Bible College. Student dismissal is a reserved right of Desert Baptist Bible College if, in the opinion of the administration of Desert Baptist Bible College, the student does not conform to the specific rules, regulations, and does not adjust properly to the environment at Desert Baptist Bible College. Any student who is dismissed will be suspended for a minimum of one semester before the student can re-apply.
3. Every student must be saved and have been Scripturally baptized in a church of like faith. Every student must be a member of an Independent, Bible-believing, Baptist Church.
4. Desert Baptist Bible College is a distinctively Baptist college. All students should understand that Baptist doctrine, Baptist distinctives, and Baptist polity will be taught.
5. Desert Baptist Bible College admits students of any race, color, disability, and national or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the college. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, disability, national or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions, scholarship programs, and other school-administered programs.
6. Desert Baptist Bible College is looking for students who are genuinely surrendered and committed to the cause of Christ. We are not interested in being simply a shelter for Christian young people who are confused about the will of God for their lives. Instead, we are interested in becoming an intense training center for Christian leaders dedicated and consecrated for service and soul winning.
7. Applicants must have earned a high school diploma or must have passed the General Educational Development Test (GED). Applicants and other high school seniors may attend a single class for credit if they fulfill all other application requirements.
8. Applicants are required to submit scores from the American College Testing Program test battery (ACT) or the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT). Applicants who cannot take either of these tests before enrollment may enroll, provided all other requirements are met. One of these tests can be taken after the student arrives at Desert Baptist Bible College.
9. Desert Baptist Bible College is a ministry of the Desert Gateway Baptist Church, and as such, falls under the Constitution and By-Laws of Desert Gateway Baptist Church. All students applying for admission agree to follow and obey said Constitution and By-Laws.